At the end of each Level, I’ll give you my recommended practice routine. The following routine should last about 20 minutes.
Practice Routine for Level 1 (20 minutes most days)
- Chord practice - Build your calluses, get your fingers use to making chord shapes automatically
- Rhythm practice - Stay on 1 chord and practice the 4 down strums, ideally with the drum loop provided in lesson 2
- Chord sequence’s;
- ||E |A |E |A || This chord sequence played on the beat is totally essential!
- Also see my recommended chord sequences for Level 1
- Song practice; To fast track while covering the essentials, I recommend;
Some of this course will appeal more to you than other parts. Accept that for now, please cover each section and follow the advice to make the transition between levels as smooth as possible!
So here are your goals for Level 1. Once you can do these- move onto level 2!
Level 1 Goals
- Be able to play the E and A chords from memory
- Be able to play E and A in any of the recommended sequences
- Be able to play 3 songs from the list, and have a go at playing these along to the record