Click here for a free Backing track in G below for you to improvise over!
5 Stage Method:
1. Change direction at random
2. Keep the rhythm interesting. Unlike rhythm guitar, lead guitar can change rhythm anytime. Stick to a similar theme for best results
3. Only play 3 or 4 notes before pausing- similar to how a singer would pause to breath between phrases
4. Add hammer ons and flick offs for smoother and faster sequence’s
5. Add 2 fret slides on the thinnest 3 strings to add phrasing and a lyrical quality